Whether you are a summer iced black coffee or specialty coffee enthusiast, Northern Virginia offers some of the best coffee shops. Whether you are having a one-on-one meeting, a social gathering, a playgroup meetings, or just craving craving baked...
Like many others, my family is trying to soak up the last days of summer before the hustle and bustle of the school year starts. So last weekend, we decided to enjoy a picnic lunch by the beach. I...
Colorful and vibrant large-scale murals are popping up all over building facades in the DC area over the last several years. Street art is having a moment (thank you, Instagram!) and Washingtonians have taken notice. Locals and visitors alike...
It's summer, AKA patio season! With kids, patio season might mean something different—maybe you bring your kids to a happy hour/early dinner on a patio, or perhaps you do a family breakfast or brunch before the rush of kids'...
The thoughts presented in this volunteer article are the writer’s and do not represent views of the organizations they are employed in. Please note that with COVID-19, not all of these suggestions can be done right now, but you...
Capitol Hill is full of parks with playgrounds. And everyone loves a good park, especially when it’s that perfect day with perfect weather. So how do you know which ones to go to? Honestly, you cannot go wrong with...
The Washington, DC area is full of amazing moms: working moms, stay-at-home moms, single moms, moms of multiples, foster moms, adoptive moms, etc. We want to highlight some of those moms like Lori Mihalich-Levin, JD! Each month we will...
The thoughts presented in this Sanitation Workers article are the writer’s thoughts and do not represent the views of the organizations they are employed in. Please note that with COVID-19, not all of these suggestions can be done right...
In the span of a week, I found myself complacent in feeling numb as a parent. First, my child had been a close contact with Covid three times in a matter of days. Three times. And each time, I...
I love kids’ clothes. Dressing my two kids brings me joy, and I’m going to do it until they absolutely refuse! There’s a problem though. As moms know well, kids wear these adorable outfits for about two minutes before...
In celebration of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Heritage Month, here are 15 children's books centered on AANHPI characters and their experiences.  The AANHPI community is filled with rich heritage, culture, traditions, and unique contributions to American...
I used Instagram before I became a parent to keep up with friends, family, and highlights of others' lives. It wasn’t used for any educational purposes. As the COVID-19 pandemic began and everything went virtual, I started using Instagram...
Here’s the thing I’m starting to really hate about social media: the instant change videos.  One minute a curbside trash dresser... *blink*: A stunning home decor worth thousands.  One minute a house so untidy it resembles Marie Kondo’s version of hell......
COVID is suffocating me I strap on my N95 mask upon entering the gym to watch my 6-year-old’s basketball game. A few minutes in, I am calm and seated, but still having a hard time catching my breath.   I am suffocating. I...

Stay Connected

6,224FansLike
17,517FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow
589FollowersFollow

In + Around DC

4 Inspiring Earth Day Volunteer Activities with Children

The thoughts presented in this Earth Day volunteer activities with children article are the writer’s and do not represent views of the organizations they...